resizing an lvm volume with setup-storage

Nicolas Courtel courtel at cena.fr
Thu Apr 8 17:15:19 CEST 2010

>>> Huch? Why is that expected behavior? Shouldn't everything be resized? Could you
>>> paste the logs?
>>>
>> http://paste.debian.net/68014/
>>
>> I really misunderstood your previous mail, where you said "resize2fs
>> will *not* be used on normal partitions".
>> I see you're using resize2fs in this case, but it fails.
>>

> Err, I should have looked at the resize2fs man page more closely. I somehow had
> assumed that 512 byte sectors was the default. Added the necessary "s" as unit
> in 3.3.5+experimental3. Could you please retry and report back whether it's
> fixed?

You will need one more try, as resize2fs is still complaining:

(CMD) resize2fs /dev/vg0/usr 16777216s 1> /tmp/Hdv5kRmDAd 2> /tmp/FCrWPAlXCo
Executing: resize2fs /dev/vg0/usr 16777216s
Command resize2fs /dev/vg0/usr 16777216s had exit code 1
(STDERR) resize2fs 1.41.11 (14-Mar-2010)
(STDERR) Please run 'e2fsck -f /dev/vg0/usr' first.

The full log is at http://paste.debian.net/68019/.

--
Nicolas