Unexplained kernel panic on FAI client

Michael Goetze mgoetze at mgoetze.net
Sat Apr 3 14:21:42 CEST 2010

On 04/03/2010 10:06 AM, Chris Jewell wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Okay, I *think* I've identified my problem - the lack of a bnx2 driver in the FAI
> initrd.  However, I'm now wondering about the solution - what's the best way to
> incorporate it into the initrd?  I'm using Ubuntu Karmic, by the way.

See also http://faiwiki.informatik.uni-koeln.de/index.php/Grml_Kernel -
note that 2.6.33-grml has been recently released, and you may need a
newer firmware-bnx2 and/or live-initramfs (I don't use Ubuntu for this
stuff).

Regards,
Michael

PS I'm a bit surprised you would choose R410s as compute nodes, the
R610s would seem to be the logical choice.