Backport kernel

Russ Allbery rra at debian.org
Thu Apr 1 23:24:19 CEST 2010

Joel Merrick <joel.merrick at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm trying to get the lenny-backport kernel to be installed if the
> classname BACKPORT is given..

> I've got  in DEFAULT

> PACKAGES aptitude AMD64
> linux-image-2.6-amd64
> linux-image-2.6-amd64/lenny-backports-
> memtest86+

> (amongst the other default stuff)

> and in BACKPORT

> PACKAGES aptitude BACKPORT
> linux-image-2.6-amd64/lenny-backports
> firmware-bnx2/lenny-backports
> linux-image-2.6-amd64-

> Unfortunately, the backported kernel keeps getting installed, even
> when there's no BACKPORT class specified.

> Am I missing something obvious?

Are you configuring your pins properly in the apt configuration that gets
installed during the FAI build process before packages are installed?  The
above will only work if backports is pinned at a lower priority and hence
not preferred without an explicit distribution specified.

--
Russ Allbery (rra at debian.org)               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>