amd64 kernel, but 32bits packages installed?

Leen Smit leen at service2media.com
Wed Sep 30 12:03:27 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Im trying to roll out a 64bit host, and I'm succesfull in so far, that I
get the right kernel...And thats all the success I'm having..

If I check the fai.log, I now see both I386 and AMD64 in the list of all
classes.
Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong with this??

I've added a case select to /class/10-base
        prd-as-023)
                echo X86_64 LENNY

the class LENNY as the proper linux-image-amd64

I'm thinking I'm missing something in  /package-config/default, which
looks like this:
PACKAGES aptitude I386
memtest86+

PACKAGES aptitude CHROOT
linux-image-486-

PACKAGES aptitude AMD64
linux-image-amd64
memtest86+

PACKAGES aptitude DHCPC
dhcp3-client

PACKAGES aptitude GRUB
grub lilo-

PACKAGES aptitude LILO
lilo grub-

I've been searching quite a bit, and I've seen other users creating
seperate NFSroot for 32 and 64bit, but that shouldn't be neccesary right?

Basically, I just want to know how can I tell the client to install a
64bit system, and not 32??

--

Leen Smit