Adding to $kernelmodules

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Sep 24 17:45:39 CEST 2009

I am trying to load a module during installation. I found a note in the file
FAIBASE.var that I can do that by adding the module name to $kernelmodules.
But I'm not sure how to do that. I tried adding it in that same file as
shown below but it does not work:

# MODULESLIST contains modules that will be loaded by the new system,
# not during installation these modules will be written to /etc/modules
# If you need a module during installation, add it to $kernelmodules
# in 20-hwdetect.source. But discover should do most of this job
MODULESLIST="usbkbd ehci-hcd ohci-hcd uhci-hcd usbhid psmouse"
kernelmodules="speakup_ltlk $kernelmodules"

What is the correct way to add a module to $kernelmodules?