How to edit grub menu (menu.lst) properly?

Alex Ingle ingle.as at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 11:23:23 CEST 2009

Hello.
We have a deb packet that modifies /boot/grub/menu.lst file.
But FAI ( we used config structure from example ) creates this file during
GRUB configuration after "instsoft" task is done.

We tried to call "fcopy -Uv /boot/grub/menu.lst" in instsoft.GRUB hook but
the menu.lst was overwritten by 10-setup GRUB script to default. So we need
to modify menu.lst again but this method seems not correct.
If 10-setup GRUB script was deleted then GRUB did't install at all.
Can you please suggest how to have menu.lst configured once?

Best Regards,
Alexey.