Fai on Ubuntu 9.10 status?

adrian15 adrian15sgd at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 19:58:29 CEST 2009

Thomas Lange escribió:

>     > Thomas Lange and I did some work together on improving the FAI Ubuntu
>     > package so that it worked on Ubuntu 9.10.
> We (three people) decided to remove the fai packages from Ubuntu 9.10,
> since currently there's nobody that has time to care about the
> packages and to bring them in a releasable state.

I had already told to my former thesis director that FAI probably would
be working ok on Ubuntu 9.10. :)

Well, it is a pity but it unveals that there are not enough Ubuntu
developers to solve Ubuntu problems. And that's a big Ubuntu problem...
that might be solved with Debian new six-month relesase cycle. Who knows!

If I were continuing my thesis (I might in two years time) I wouldn't
mind trying to fix FAI on Ubuntu 9.10 myself (with help of some of you,
of course) but I am not continuing it.

If some of you try to make work FAI on Ubuntu 9.10 and you have any
doubt do not hesitate to ask me, I might not be able to answer it or I
might be.

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software
libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/index.php?pid=10