Fai on Ubuntu 9.10 status?

Per Foreby perf at ddg.lth.se
Fri Sep 4 17:24:15 CEST 2009

Henning Sprang wrote:
> Per Foreby wrote:
>> Our setup depends heavily on softupdate, and we're in the process of
>> switching from Debian to Ubuntu on desktop, so this sounds like bad news.
>
> Good to have some more people tell this!
>
> When this decision was made, I heavily disagreed, but no one believed me
> that people are using FAI like this (even though other reports in
> launcpad confirm this type of usage)

To me, softupdate is more important than install. The base installation
can be achieved in other ways.

> Still, it would be simpler if fai-client could be installed without
> special apt settings.

I not sure that i follow, do you mean that the problem only has to do
with the installation of fai-client? In that case, it would be easy to
download the source and build a .deb or .rpm without dependencies.

/Per