Specifying sizes in setup-storage

Michael Goetze mgoetze at mgoetze.net
Tue Sep 1 19:22:20 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'd like to create a swap partition which is 20% of the size of the
disk, but at most 4GB. I tried the following setup-storage configuration:

disk_config disk1 disklabel:msdos bootable:1

primary    /boot         192-256    ext3   rw
primary    -             4G-        -      -

disk_config lvm
vg vg0 disk1.2
vg0-swap  swap          20%-4G      swap   rw
vg0-root  /             80%-        ext3   rw,errors=remount-ro

But, on a sufficiently large drive, it died with:

Executing: mdadm --detail --scan --verbose -c partitions
INTERNAL ERROR in setup-storage:
end < start
Please report this error to the Debian Bug Tracking System.

Is there any way to specify what I want in the setup-storage configuration?

Regards,
Michael

P.S. No Cc: necessary as I am subscribed.