Mixed Etch and Lenny? How to...

Frédéric Boiteux fboiteux at calistel.com
Mon Oct 5 15:31:01 CEST 2009

Le Thu, 17 Sep 2009 16:35:21 +0200,
Leen Smit <leen at service2media.com> a écrit :

> Michael,
>

> Thats the confusing part, since I dont have a basefiles dir anywhere..
> If I understand everything correctly, I can simply create this, and
> place (eg.) LENNY.tgz in there. Then the Class LENNY will pick up
> this file? What happens to Etch in this case, must I place it in
> there too, or will any class missing the Class.tgz automagicly revert
> to the base.tgz ?

  Hello,

I'm also interested in a Etch+Lenny fai installer on the same server,
and I didn't understand how can it works : I've a FAI system installed
for Etch (3.2 version), and would like to be able to install either a
Etch, either a Lenny system on a new computer. I don't understand how
do you build your base.tar.gz (or .tgz), as I don't have anyone in my
current FAI installation : is it the output of a debootstrap call ? how
is it used in NFS installer as I currently have ? or perhaps I have to
upgrade to a newer FAI version ?

  Thanks for your lights,
	Fred.