booting from host with multiple network cards

Frédéric Boiteux fboiteux at calistel.com
Mon Nov 23 10:25:33 CET 2009

Le Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:11:25 +0100,
Thomas Lange <lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de> a écrit :

>     > has a cable plugged, to run ipconfig on this one. I can give it
>     > if someone is interested?
> Yes, please post it here on this list, and alo give it to the
> live-initramfs (the project is called debian live) guys.

For Debian-live people : attached is a small script I add to
live-initramfs' init system to check which interface has a cable
plugged, to run ipconfig on this one (in case you're network booting on
a computer with multiple network interfaces cards, and on which the
boot system and Linux don't enumerate them in the same order).

I add it in the directory /etc/initramfs-tools/scripts/init-premount of
the Debian-live system used for netboot (FAI for example).

  with regards,
	Fred.