booting from host with multiple network cards

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Sun Nov 22 15:48:26 CET 2009

hiya

> The kernel itself does not know anything about were it was loaded
> from. It even does not know if it was loaded from network or disk or
> whatever device.

Could this be of any use? At least it doesn't work out of the box. I was
hoping that the kernel detects that the / a interface is still configured
and foregoes trying to dhcping the interface itself (again). But maybe
this does something else entirely.

How do I keep the PXE stack loaded after boot?

Normally, PXELINUX will unload the PXE and UNDI stacks before invoking the
kernel. In special circumstances (for example, when using MEMDISK to boot
an operating system with an UNDI network driver) it might be desirable to
keep the PXE stack in memory. If the option "keeppxe" is given on the
kernel command line, PXELINUX will keep the PXE and UNDI stacks in memory.
(If you don't know what this means, you probably don't need it.)