fai configuratioon space

Henning Sprang henning at sprang.de
Fri May 29 10:20:48 CEST 2009

Rajesh,

Rajesh pant wrote:
> does my fai set-up missing a file or two?
> i appreciate ur help thank YOU.

For one, there are much more files in a FAI setup that are of importance
, especially the contents of /srv/fai/config, /srv/fai/nfsroot and /etc/fai

But please don't post all their contents now - they are too much for us
to check them all.
Then, not only the files _existence_ but also their contents are
important. We really cannot check them all.
We can only give you hints on what could be wrong if you come up with a
description of what you are trying to achieve, what you did to get
there, and what happened instead. We assume that you read the
documentation and the manpages of the tools you use, before asking.

Generally speaking, if you didn't delete any files that are installed by
default, and copied the configspace examples in /srv/fai/config as
described in the docs, and ran fai-setup / make-fai-nfsroot
successfully, you should have everything you need.
Usually, the required files don't just "disappear".

If you still have problems, please come to this list with conrete
problem descriptions(as explained above), so we can help. A more
detailed, nice introduction for people relatively new to asking
volunteers on the internet for help can be found here:
http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Henning

--
Henning Sprang