faireboot

Benoit Mercier mercibe at member.fsf.org
Fri Mar 20 19:32:07 CET 2009

Hi,

We noted a problem when launching faireboot the following way:

ssh installing_host -l root faireboot

Reboot never occurs.  The problem seems related to the fact that ssh is
closing the session before the backgrounded init call has finished or
even started.  So the init/reboot process is aborted.

The solution we found to solve this problem was to add a sleep time
after the init call in faireboot script

if [ "X" == "X$SSH_CLIENT" -a "$TERM" != "dumb" ]; then

    exec reboot -dfi
    else
    killall -CONT rcS
    killall rcS
    init 6 &

    * sleep 10*

fi

Would it be possible to add a default/configurable sleep time after the
init call in faireboot?  It would allow us to keep in sync with fai
without having to "patch" it after each new version is released?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

Benoit