package_config AND/OR/NOT Operations

Seppanen, Brian E brian.seppanen at chartercom.com
Thu Mar 5 15:29:41 CET 2009

I have a number of hosts that I have to build using fai 3.1.8 (etch).
One of the processes I've had is (perhaps antiquated now) is test for HT
proc flag and make sure kernel has hyperthreading enabled which
installed a custom kernel instead of the default debian kernel.
Problem is that I have some hardware that this works well for, but I
have some new hardware which I don't have the drivers in that kernel for
- don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater --, so I need to
use the debian default one in that case.  In these cases HT is still
defined but I don't want that package installed any longer based on
membership within another class, lets call it dell.

(current)

PACKAGES install HT

kernel-image-2.6.26.2.bes-ht

kernel-headers-2.6.26.2.bes-ht

(wishlist)

PACKAGES install HT !dell

kernel-image-2.6.26.2.bes-ht

kernel-headers-2.6.26.2.bes-ht

will that work?    I've seen some threads about Boolean operations, and
I'm not clear from what I've seen whether that is something that will be
supported in a later version and where that's going.

Brian E. Seppanen

Systems Engineer I

Network Services Group, West Operating Group

Charter Communications

359 E. US Hwy 41

Negaunee, MI  49866

Desk: 608.237.5393

To be or not to be.  -- Shakespeare

To do is to be.-- Nietzsche

To be is to do.-- Sartre

Do be do be do.-- Sinatra

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

The contents of this e-mail message and
any attachments are intended solely for the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message
or if this message has been addressed to you
in error, please immediately alert the sender
 by reply e-mail and then delete this message
and any attachments. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that
any use, dissemination, distribution, copying,
or storage of this message or any attachment
is strictly prohibited.