netboot rescue disk with FAI

Jean Spirat jeanspirat at squirk.org
Tue Mar 3 14:51:49 CET 2009

Hello,

 I wanted to know if anyone use fAI to netboot a rescue disk on their
system. I mean when a server is having issue and do not boot use the pxe
boot and fai to use it to netboot a live system that will be used with
parted and other filesystem tools to repair the system and chroot into
/target etc ?

 It seems sysinfo FAI_FLAGS is near what i look for, anyone know how to
duplicate the sysinfo hook with for exemple mount RW instead of read
only etc.. One important feature would be to have a root password setup
that is different on each "netboot" etc... :)  Any ideas ?

regards,
Jean.