Multiple NICs, partial success, partial weirdness

Carsten Aulbert carsten at welcomes-you.com
Tue Mar 3 12:34:31 CET 2009

Hi

Thomas Lange schrieb:
>     > Question now is, how to prevent that, right now we run fai-chboot like this:
> You should always have only one DHCP server in a subnet. If you have
> more than one, they both should have the option "deny unknown-client;".

Well, we do. One for the subnet on eth0 (10.0.0.0/8, data network, fast
large MTU) and one for eth3 (172.16.0.0/12, mgmt. network, slow) and
both MAC addresses are known, thus deny unknown-client won't help. So in
that respect the set-u pis correct and consistant, right?

The problem is that each node has

auto eth0 eth3 lo
iface eth0 inet dhcp
iface eth3 inet dhcp