FAI Issues

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Tue Jun 30 14:58:38 CEST 2009

Hi Augustine,
if I understand you correctly, you already have a DHCP server separate
from the machine the FAI server is running on?

Then it is perfectly fine to use your existing DHCP server to point to
your TFTP server. You'll need something like this on your existing DHCP
server:

	# TFTP-Server for PXE-Boot
	# 192.168.0.1 is the address of your TFTP server
	next-server 192.168.0.1;
	filename "pxelinux.0";

This will instruct all clients to connect to the TFTP server and load
the FAI image from there. From this point on, FAI takes over.

However, don't forget to deactivate the DHCP server that FAI installed
as a dependency.

Cheers,
Robert