[darkness_08 at web.de: Re: Using faimond]

Carsten Aulbert carsten.aulbert at aei.mpg.de
Tue Jun 16 07:26:59 CEST 2009

Hi

Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> Ok, now the daemon is working. I've used the fai-quickstart :(
>
> How can I see the Installstatus?

I was not sure what Nils meant earlier in a similar email just to me
which might have been thought to be for the list.

(I thought he meant what is installed on the systems afterwards and
pointed him to

dpkg -l

)

Usually I run faimond like this (all on one line):

screen -d -m bash -c 'annotate-output faimond | tee -a /var/log/faimond.log'

This way you will have an attachable screen where you can monitor the
stuff directly or you can look at the log file (I know kind of redundant).

HTH

Carsten