F1 F1 F1

Henning Sprang henning at sprang.de
Wed Jun 10 21:59:24 CEST 2009

Shankar,

Shankar Dutt wrote:
> Begin: Mounting root file system ... ...
> eth0:  link up
>
> BusyBOX v1.10.2(debian 1:1.10.2-1) Built in shell (ash)
> Enter help  for list of built in command .
> /Bin/sh: can't access tty: job control turnd off
> (initramfs)

For some reason, the nfsroot cannot be found.
The fact that the install works well with another system _seems_ to show
that the server is basically set up correctly.

can you try to give us the output of the command

cat /proc/cmdline

from the running initramfs?

Did you double-check the dhcp entry for the second, non-working host?
Do you see in the syslogf of the server what dhcp reply the system gets?
Is the IP Adress of the second client also enabled to mount the NFSRoot
in /etc/exports on the server?

> even i read FAI guide but there is no solution of my problem

Now we are in a place where we start the real debugging - that's what
the list is mainly for ;)

Still, another hint now: please do not use HTML Mail when posting here,
and please give your mails a proper subject line - "F1 F1 F1" is not
very helpful.

Henning

--
Henning Sprang