FAI & Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Richard Grant rfg3 at mcs.le.ac.uk
Tue Jun 9 17:03:59 CEST 2009

I tried using the make-base-tgz script that I had from the
fai-distributions package I installed a long time ago, and have been
using successfully to install ubuntu up to and including hardy, using
fai 3.1.8. It made a UBUNTU_JAUNTY.tar.gz which I tried to use. However,
it did not work. And, in fact, it seemed the script did something
strange to the nfsroot as then I could no longer install even when I
removed the new tar.gz and just tried installing with base.tgz as
before. I had to recreate the nfsroot, and then things worked again as
before.

I didn't spend too long investigating, though - creating a jaunty
base.tgz from scratch seemed the simpler method (and we only ever want
to install ubuntu jaunty with this setup of fai).

Regards,

Richard