No SERVER in my boot.log

Torsten Schlabach tschlabach at gmx.net
Tue Jul 21 16:56:32 CEST 2009

Hi list!

I have a strange problem.

My FAI installation works quite fine; just I cannot make faimond work.

I have been digging a bit and I found that faimond variable is set in
task_confdir() in subroutines-linux. The code tests if $monserver has
been set (where could I set this) and in case it's not set, it sets this
to the value of $SERVER.

Just $SERVER is empty as well while all other variables which I expect
in boot.log (like $NETMARK, $IPADDR, ...) are set.

I tried setting monserver in my DEFAULT.var so it would not get
overwritten with the empty value of $SERVER, but this also doesn't seem
to work.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Torsten