:spare ignored in setup-storage

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Sun Jul 19 17:18:41 CEST 2009

> I'm using FAI to set up a server with RAID1 and LVM (although I don't
> think the LVM is relevant to this problem). The FAI version is
> 3.2.17~lenny1.
>
> Essentially, I've placed the :spare option on one of the partitions in
> each RAID1 array, but that partition is simply being added into the
> array instead of being used as a hot spare.
>
> I've probably just made some config mistake, because I'm having
> trouble finding complete examples. If anyone can spot it, please let
> me know.

[...]

Sorry for replying this late; most probably this problem is fixed for some time
already in the experimental versions (most recent is 3.2.21+experimental12).
Please see http://faiwiki.debian.net/index.php/Main_Page#getting_FAI for details
about the experimental builds and how to obtain these. It would be grate if you
could give that one a try.

Thanks,