Kernel just stops

Christoph Kluenter ck at iphh.net
Wed Jul 15 09:40:52 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 14 July 2009 18:50:03 Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > I have a Computer that doesn't want to boot via PXE
>     > It loads the initrd and the kernel and after the dots it just says
>     > "Ready" and nothing happens anymore.
>     > Other computers boot and work perfectly using the same cable.
>     > And this computer boots knoppix via PXE just fine.
>     >
>     > Has anybody seen something like this ?
>
> No.
> Try memtest86+ and try a 486 kernel.
I tried a 486 Kernel since this is a Pentium4.
And since the Computer was running just fine and
boots Knoppix, I don't think its the memory.

Cheers,
   Christoph

--
IPHH Internet Port Hamburg GmbH
Christoph Kluenter                    E-Mail: ck at iphh.net
Technik                               Tel: +49 (0)40 374919-10
Wendenstrasse 408                     Fax: +49 (0)40 374919-29
D-20537 Hamburg                       AG Hamburg, HRB 76071
                                      Geschaeftsfuehrung: Axel G. Kroeger