FAI-3.2.16 and Broadcom-Ethernet/PXE/DHCP-problem with ipconfig

Dirk Geschke dirk at lug-erding.de
Tue Jan 27 15:46:38 CET 2009

Hi Thomas,

>     > Strange, there was a aufs module in /srv/fai/nfsroot/... but not
>     > on the host system and therefore not in in initrd.
> Ouch. You only need the aufs module in /srv/fai/nfsroot. Do not
> install aufs module on you host system - it's not needed there.
>
>     >    update-initramfs -u
>     > and did a
>     >    cp /boot/initrd.img-2.6.26-1-amd64 /srv/tftp/fai/
> You should do this only inside your nfsroot.

ah, ok. Just for debugging I choosed the - for me - easier way.
Actually it is a test system, so it does not really matter yet,
it is more important to get it running.

>     > Now it fails to mount the debian mirror. But this is normal, the
> So, do you see the red ASCII logo after the kernel boots and FAI
> starts? If you see it the hardest problems are solved.

Yes, it complains about rdate and connection refused. But this is
a minor problem. Then it fails to mount the mirror, this is ok in
the moment, the mirror is not complete and therefore it is not
exported at all.

So I am happy and optimistic to get FAI running.

Again: Many thanks and best regards

Dirk