fai-cd for full cd installation

Adrian Gibanel Lopez agibanel at alumnes.udl.cat
Mon Jan 26 21:01:56 CET 2009

>> Then sorry, but it really didn't sound like you did.
>> (You might want to read http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>> to help avoiding such situations)
> http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/clear-answers.html :))
>> The default should be good for a first test.
>> I always try to get going with the delivered defaults until I have some
>> working result, and then start adjusting to my needs.
>  i need is a full cd installation.how to adjust menu.lst for that?
> thank you

Whenever you install FAI in the installations clients there are some steps
that are always the same:

1) Network boot
2) NFS mount of the installation system
3) System Installation Node
4) Minor tweaks.

1 is obvious that you do not have it because you use a cd.
The problem comes from 2... you do not want to have any NFS mount, isn't
it? You want all the data to be found (All the packages you need?) in the
cdrom? Isn't it?
Also all the scripts that are defined under fai configuration directories?

What is exactly the task that you want to alter by using cdrom.

In my opinnion if someone wants to make a somewhat installation that does
not rely on a fai server he should install from its distribution
installation and... let me guess.. install fai-nfsroot and fai-client or
maybe just fai-client?

--
Firma Automática 1: