FAI-3.2.16 and Broadcom-Ethernet/PXE/DHCP-problem with ipconfig

Dirk Geschke dirk at lug-erding.de
Mon Jan 26 17:43:01 CET 2009

Hi all,

probably this is a known bug but I can't find an easy solution
so far...

I started to setup FAI on amd64 but the "normal" Debian version
from stable aka etch was too buggy but at least it worked with
a lot of adjusting of scripts...

Now I started with lenny and FAI-3.2.16 but the client installation
stops during boot via PXE/TFTP/DHCP where ipconfig is called. The
last line is something with IP-Config followed from two status
lines of eth0/tg3.

I think the call of ipconfig within the initrd causes the trouble.

  Is there already a solution for this problem available?

Best regards

Dirk