How do you automate fai installations?

Adrian Gibanel Lopez agibanel at alumnes.udl.cat
Thu Jan 8 20:11:02 CET 2009

>> Where am I supposed to add reboot FAI_FLAGS?
>> The guide says something about FAI_FLAGS at Bootp daemon but I use dhcp.
>>
>> So I re-ask my question. What's the best way for modiying FAI_FLAGS?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
> http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/fai-guide/ch-config.html#s-s1
>
> Please read the guide, all the questions you've asked so far are in
> there.  You can even search the guide from
> http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/

I already have my offline copy of fai-guide.pdf.

After reading an online copy of fai-chboot I have come to this conclusion:

I should run:
fai-chboot -IBv demohost
instead of:
fai-chboot -IFv demohost
so that it reboots automatically.

I must go but I will come back with a suggestion on how to improve the guide.

Because:
"Automatic reboot -> FAI_FLAGS !->! The setup routines of the install
clients -> fai-chboot -> man fai-chboot -> reboot"
is not an evident reasoning path!

Thank you again for your patience.
--
Firma Automática 1: