live-initramfs

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Thu Jan 8 19:43:23 CET 2009

    > I guess, a proper initrd has to come already with the kernel.
not really, because dpkg-reconfigure linux-image... should be called,
which creates the initrd.

    > Creating the initrd for the kernel, do I need to use the live-initramfs hook?
    > I am using the kernel-package tools. I would expect to get a initrd using
    > make-kpkg --revision ... kernel-image --initrd
This should work. But --initrd only saves a configuration option
somewhere inside the kernel package, that an initrd will be created
when this kernel poackage ist installed. The initrd is not included in
the package itself IIRC.