How do you automate fai installations?

Adrian Gibanel Lopez agibanel at alumnes.udl.cat
Thu Jan 8 19:35:47 CET 2009

>> Do you perhaps run: fai-chboot -IFv specialhosts*, (re)boot all the
computers, and then (after all the kernels have been loaded) run:
fai-chboot -ov specialhosts* but SOMETHING THAT I DO NOT KNOW makes the
install clients reboot automatically?

>> Thank you.
>>

> I hate to say it, but RTFM.  For automatic reboots:
> http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/fai-guide/ch-instprocess.html#s-ireboot
>
> FAI renames the PXE configs to <hash>.disable, so they don't PXE boot
the next go-around.

> If each machine is identical, expect identical behavior.  If they differ
in chipsets, hardware, etc, you need to make sure all the necessary
drivers/modules are present in intird/nfsroot/etc.

> Ryan

I had already read this:
5.9 Reboot the new installed system

At last the system is automatically rebooted if "reboot" was added to
FAI_FLAGS. Normally this should boot the new installed system from its
second boot device, the local hard disk. To skip booting from network
card, you can use the command fai-chboot(8) to enable localboot.

But it is not very clear (Fai-guide should be improved?).

Where am I supposed to add reboot FAI_FLAGS?
The guide says something about FAI_FLAGS at Bootp daemon but I use dhcp.

So I re-ask my question. What's the best way for modiying FAI_FLAGS?

Thank you.
--
Firma Automática 1:

--