FAI for other distros: help needed?

Henning Sprang henning at sprang.de
Thu Feb 26 10:39:18 CET 2009

Hi Rich,

Rich Henning wrote:
> Has much work been done in this regard?

I made a FAI configspace that did work quite fine with RHEL a while ago.

It's in my subversion branch and some stuff is documented in the wiki,
but the wiki is currently offline due to a hardware problem.

The subversion url is
svn.debian.org/svn/fai/people/lazyboy/rhel-install-fixes_3.1.8

As you see, it's been made for an older FAI version.
The code in this branch is completely in newer FAI versions, but the
config space should be useful.

> How can I help?

Once the wiki is there, check the documentation there, then check the
config samples I pointed you to, and let us know how it went.

I only made this for a customer demonstration, but it never got to a
real project, so I did not use it and did not get much feedback.
There are currently multiple other people who want to work on better
support for other distributions and well supported config examples for
those.

I'm going to meet them, then we can see to make some morre coordinated
efforts.

Henning