FAI for other distros: help needed?

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Thu Feb 26 10:34:21 CET 2009

> Hi.
>
> I sent a message to Thomas asking about what work has been done /
> needs to be done to get RHEL/CentOS 5.x working with FAI. I've been
> usingFAI with my Debian farm for some time and it works so well that
> it seems crazy to set up a separate (and less flexible) kickstart
> environment for my RH machines.
>
> Has much work been done in this regard?  How can I help?

Lots of work has been done by Henning Sprang (but also others) - I guess he'll
reply soon anyway. In the meantime you might want to search the archives, there
should be several posts regarding that matter and there is also Henning's wiki
page:

http://faiwiki.debian.net/index.php/FAI_multi-distribution

I don't know whether the stuff in there is uptodate :-)

Best,