How to start a new faiserver with fai CD?

Andreas Schockenhoff asc at gmx.li
Sat Feb 21 09:17:35 CET 2009

Hi Henning,

Am Freitag, den 20.02.2009, 23:41 +0100 schrieb Henning Sprang:
> Andreas Schockenhoff wrote:
> > Should I make any bug report?
>
> If you did exactly as described in the documentation and it didn't get
> you to a working system, yes.
>
> So did I get you right, the report would be that fai-cd is currently not
> able to produce a working usb stick, even though it is supposed to?
Thank you for this hint. I report the problem against fai-cd fro thew
package fai-server but broken is in fai-doc the simple example.

Have a look at:
/usr/share/doc/fai-doc/examples/simple/files/etc/fai/menu.lst/FAISERVER

I do not know it is the only broken file but it seems that the working
config space of the CD and the USB-Stick comes form other sources.

bye Andreas