Crypto during FAI install

Doug Spencer doug at securitybulletins.com
Fri Feb 13 00:14:14 CET 2009

Michael -

I have updated to experimental9 and tried it again. Now, it does accept
-:encrypt as a mountpoint, however I don't see anything in /dev/mapper/
or /dev corresponding to the encrypted device as either md1_crypt or
dm*. Also, there isn't anything added in /etc/crypttab.

I have attached the config file where I commented the md1 RootVG line
and added md1_crypt. It crashes once it tries to find md1_crypt now. If
I set it back to /md1 it works, but isn't encrypted.

The error returned is now "Cannot determine size of /dev/md1_crypt -
scheme unknown" which makes sense when it doesn't appear to exist at
that point.

Doug

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 00:02:53 +0100
Michael Tautschnig <mt at debian.org> wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> > Experimental5 had the same issue as experimental4 when I tried it
> > yesterday.
> >

> I finally got around to try your config and on my system the parser nicely
> accepted it. Could you please retry using experimental9 and report back? In case
> it still fails while parsing, please supply the error message and attach your
> config file (please don't paste it, there may be some strange whitespace issue).
> Thanks!
---CUT---