Patch for password-based svn+https

Robin Lee Powell rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org
Thu Feb 12 02:04:13 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 04:56:48PM -0800, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> svn+https: for FAI_CONFIG_SRC doesn't work with a user:pass at host
> type URI.  Here's a patch; diff done from inside the
> live/filesystem.dir

Oh, forgot: also, svn will ask for user input to validate the
server certificate.  This is annoying no matter what, but in my case
it was quite surprising as we have a valid Thawte cert.  Adding
ca-certificates to the package list fixed the problem, and I suggest
adding it to the default list if svn+https: is claimed to be a
supported method.

-Robin

--
They say:  "The first AIs will be built by the military as weapons."
And I'm thinking:  "Does it even occur to you to try for something