Dual NIC = hang

kegstand kegstand at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 23:44:32 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Robin Lee Powell <
rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org> wrote:

> I'm trying to FAI a machine with two NICs, only one of which I'm
> using.  It netboots, but hangs at:
>
> IP-Config: eth0 hardware address 00:e0:81:45:ed:8a mtu 1500 DHCP RARP
>
> That's never going to answer, because that's not the NIC I'm using,
> but it never times out either.  How do I get things past this point?

I have blown many hours on this.  You should try to disable one of your NICs
in the bios .  I was not able  to do this.

I ended up making a fai config for

machine-nic1

and machine-nic2

the machine would intiially netboot off of machine-nic1, then further in the
fai process it would dhcp off of machine-nic2

after everything was done installing, I would delete all tftpd pxelinux
files except for "default"