mount to nfs failed

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Thu Dec 17 16:21:50 CET 2009

>> i have changed fai ip address. then i changed
>> /srv/tftp/pxelinux.cfg/default with the new address
>> but i am getting an error message: mount to nfs 10.10.10.10 failed.
>> 10.10.10.10 is the old ip address.
>> I think i need to change the ip adress somewhere else?

> fix /etc/fai/* and rerun make-fai-nfsroot.

That's not necessary.

@akr:

1) Do you use the option "root-path" in your dhcpd config? I read
somewhere about it, but never got it to work.

2) Do you specify full paths for "nfsroot" and "FAI_CONFIG_SRC" in the
tftp boot descriptions or just "nfsroot=/srv/nfsroot" (just an example).

If you don't then the value from "next-server" (dhcpd.conf) is used as the
nfs-server.

example for "full path":
nfsroot=a.b.c.d:/srv/fai/nfsroot
FAI_CONFIG_SRC=nfs://a.b.c.d/srv/fai/config/

did this help?

tschüß
thomas