FAI for Ubuntu 8.10 repository (for serving Ubuntu 8.10)

Adrian Gibanel Lopez agibanel at alumnes.udl.cat
Mon Apr 6 21:56:17 CEST 2009

Launchpad url:
https://launchpad.net/~adrian15/+archive/fai
http url:
http://ppa.launchpad.net/adrian15/fai/ubuntu/

And finally what you need in your sources.list:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/adrian15/fai/ubuntu intrepid main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/adrian15/fai/ubuntu intrepid main

As you might know these are modified initramfs-tools, live-initramfs and
fai packages so that Ubuntu 8.10 fai version is able to server Ubuntu 8.10
(currently is set up to serve Ubuntu 8.04).

In your main system you need to install fai packages and initramfs-tools.
Live-initramfs is only needed inside the chroot. I mean live-initramfs
needs to be in the sources.list but it is not needed to be installed in
the main system.

I have tested the files in my own local repository but I have not tested
this launchpad repository.

I will try to test it in the next days but in the meanwhile you are
welcome to try it in your systems or virtual machines or whatever.

Any comment is welcome.

--
Firma Automática 1: