Best problem ever, how to solve neatly?

Markus Törnqvist mjt at nysv.org
Fri Apr 3 14:44:28 CEST 2009

Hi!

I have a VIA Epia MII, which I've neglected for ages, but thought
would be fun to FAI back to life.

The root of the system should be on the on-board compact flash
for this to be anything interesting.

Now the cf is shown as /dev/sdb, by the new ata system, which
is ok, but FAI told me it couldn't be read. Which was just stupid
because fdisk worked like a charm.

After a LOT of digging around, I found /usr/lib/fai/disk-info
in the nfsroot, which has the diskandsize function, which also
guesses if we're an ide cdrom.

We're a removable device, sure, but not a cdrom :)

Commented line 17: [ `cat /sys/block/$device/removable` -eq 1 ] && isdisk=0

Any ideas on how to make that better? Right now the installation
is churning on :)

Thanks!

--
mjt