problem install client with multiple interfaces

Jeken Jeken jekens at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 18:18:48 CEST 2008

Hi,
I having problem install Lenny on a Dell R200.
I pxe boot using one of the interfaces on the moderboard.
It works fine but the kernel detects one of the ports on my quadcard as eth0.
So the installation hangs waiting for dhcp on the "wrong" interface.
One solution is to use two ethernetcables, but..

Is it possible to have the "kernel" looking for an interface having
link and then start the dhcpclient on that interface.

I'm using the latest FAI on a Lenny server.

pxelinux.cfg:
label fai-lenny
 kernel fai/lenny/vmlinuz
 append initrd=fai/lenny/initrd ip=dhcp  root=/dev/nfs
nfsroot=/srv/fai/nfsroot-lenny boot=live
FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,createvt,reboot FAI_ACTION=install

regards
jan-eric