it work, ..allmost ! :)

Jean Spirat jeanspirat at squirk.org
Mon Sep 29 17:51:25 CEST 2008

> As Thomas already said: Please post (at least) the error message as reported by
> setup-storage -- I don't see any obvious error in the config you posted.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

i think all the issue comes from the grub install. I switched to grub2
as it better understand the raid settings and lvm settings.

I tried this:

echo 'GRUB install, mkimage';
chroot /target /usr/bin/grub-mkimage --output=/boot/grub/core.img ext2
pc gpt biosdisk lvm ;
ls  /target/boot/grub;

echo 'grub-install';
chroot /target /usr/sbin/grub-install '(md0)';
ls  /target/boot/grub;

echo 'grub-setup';
chroot /target /usr/sbin/grub-setup   '(md0)';
ls  /target/boot/grub;

echo 'update-grub';
chroot /target /usr/sbin/update-grub;
ls  /target/boot/grub;

in scripts/LAST/60-misc.sh

now it works, it all finishes and boot. The last issue i have is that
the kernel that boot after this is not capable of findind the root file
system. It hang up saying 'running local-top /n waiting for root
filesystem'.

  Both the fai server and the test install server are dell r300 using
the same kernel so i am puzzled here.

i am now trying to build a kernel with raid included in core to see if
this will work. I searched but i have not found a way to load the
modules, adding them to /etc/modules does not seems to do it. I just
finished it does not change a thing. still the same message even with a
kernel that include the raid drives in the image.

anything special about the initramsfs that i should do ?

regards,
Jean.