Is it possible to install in a row 2 differents system.

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Thu Sep 25 10:20:06 CEST 2008

Steffen Grunewald schrieb:
>> do I have to do 2 differents install?

> I guess you could tweak the final FAI step (which would end in a reboot,
> after *removing* the PXE file on the server) so that it doesn't remove
> but replace the file, then reboot. (Hooks are your friends.)
> You may introduce some parameters into the PXE file, to tell FAI what to
> do ...

(I really don't like replacing pxeconfigs. Mostly because I haven't found
a way yet to do it in a somewhat tamper-proof way.)

How about introducing a new script into classes/, that works something
like this

if [ OS1 already installed ] then
  set FAIFLAG for OS2
else
  set FAIFLAG for OS1

How you'd detect that OS1 is already installed is up to you. Maybe try to
mount the appropriate root-FS?

tschüß
thomas