Remviong Network Card Drivers?

Matt Funke Matt.Funke at plexus.com
Mon Sep 22 16:38:16 CEST 2008

>     > I'm trying to get FAI up and running, but am hitting
> this boot error
>     > when I run faireboot:
>
>     > Begin: Mounting root file system... ...
>     > Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
> You get that when callingfaireboot? I'm really surprised.

Yes.  Maybe it would help to explain that I get this during
installation:

INIT: Entering run level 2
FAI: Installation aborted
reboot with: faireboot

Then I see the above error when I run faireboot.  Prior to going into
run level 2, everything looks fine; it finishes (or seems to) all
installation scripts without errors.

>     > The fai-guide (4.9.1) says that this could be because
> of a missing
>     > driver.
> This describes the problem when booting up a machine.
>
>     > Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.
> BTW, which FAI version are you using? Any special network
> cards build in the machine?

The network cards aren't that special.  I'm using version 3.2.8.

 -- Best Regards,
    Matt Funke