fighting with ahci in lenny fai = 3.2.9 (parted bug ?)

william Famy william.famy at laposte.net
Sat Sep 20 14:41:54 CEST 2008

I have been looking for several hour haour how to reconise my disk under
a ahci intel computer (I use setup-storage)

I have 4 80Gb sata drive and i can only find one.

when installing
parted -s /dev/sdb unit TiB print
return exit code 1

if i do parted /dev/sda -s print
I have the Number start ... (it work)

if i do parted /dev/sdb -s print
Error /dev/sdb unreconised disk label.

a fdisk -l

return /dev/sd[a-d]

but only sda get partition info.

I try to change bios otion

i do not managr with them for the 3 optios.

IDE, RAID OR AHCI.

I create a new initramdisk with the folowing modules but no more results.
aes
dm-crypt
sha256
ahci
ata_piix
libata
scsi_mod
ide_core

when the client boot and stop his install a lsmod |grep ata show ahci
,... enable

if I create partition in the fai client with cfdisk  fai install will
work next install!

I think there is a parted bug somewhere.

Do you have any idea.

Best William