Etch, RAID and FAI

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Sep 16 09:15:16 CEST 2008

    > I'm trying to set up some servers to have raid, but the FAI box is Etch,
    > and only has FAI 3.1.8 and I know that 3.2.8 or later is required.

    > Can I regenerate the nfsroot with lenny which has the newer version? I'd
    > also need to update the config files. Would this work?
Yep. Add this line to /etc/fai/apt/sources.list and to
/etc/apt/sources.list on your install server

  deb http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/download lenny koeln

Then your system (and your nfsroot) will get the the newest FAI
packages for lenny, even if it self runs etch. The nfsroot will be a
lenny nfsroot, since FAI 3.2.10 uses by default lenny. This is excatly
what I;m doing on my systems.

    > Or do I need to
    > update the FAI-server?
No.