problem setting NFSROOT

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Fri Oct 24 18:30:14 CEST 2008

    > We used to pass  NFSROOT=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/path/to/nfsroot
    > from the hex-ip-adress file in /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/
Yep, that should also work, but maybe this data gets overwritten by
the DHCP information.

    > because the ROOTSERVER (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) is always set to
    > the address of our DHCP server, which is not the same as the NFS server.
next-server in dhcpd.conf sets this variable (really, I just tries it
in my environment). But AFAIK this is also the address of the TFTP
server, from which your install clients tries to download the
pxelinux.0 file, so this is not really what you want.

Mmm, this may be a bug in ipconfig. Ask the klibc-utils
maintainer or maybe the live-initramfs people if they have a
workaround or patch for this.