setup-storage does not preserve my partitions

Nicolas Courtel courtel at cena.fr
Tue Oct 14 19:51:46 CEST 2008

Michael Tautschnig a écrit :
> [...]
>
>> Now sda1 & sda2 are preserved, but setup-storage fails when building the
>> ext3 filesystem on /boot (debug log is on
>> http://paste.debian.net/19133/). This is weird, as running 'mkfs.ext3
>> /dev/sda3' works fine from the shell just after installation has stopped.
>>

> Oh no, seems we need to move around the calls to udevsettle :-( I'll try to work
> out a patch later on this week; meanwhile: retrying might just work in this
> case... Could you indeed retry for me to see how high up this must be put in
> this week's priority list?

Well, it works much better today, as my 4 successive tries on the same
workstation have all succeeded. Yesterday, it has failed twice before I
gave up.
I guess I will only use setup-storage on even days from now :-) .

Meanwhile I have only installed Etch on it, with my older FAI 3.1.8
server, for some other tests.

--
Nicolas