ubuntu

Ryan Steele ryans at aweber.com
Mon Oct 13 14:40:05 CEST 2008

Nikola Knežević wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> How hard is to use FAI with Ubuntu Hoardy (as an install client).
> According to the wiki, I just need to create base.tar.gz (or
> CLASSNAME.tar.gz). Well, are there any problems I may come across?

I'm running it on Hardy without any real problems.  But, I'm using the
.deb from either Etch or Lenny (I forget which - it's version 3.2.10) so
that I have good support for RAID + LVM via setup-storage.

> Sorry for this lame question, I just discovered FAI, and I was
> delighted when I installed Debian on part of our cluster.
>
> Also, multi-distribution wiki=page mentions some directory called
> configspace, which I do not have (I'm running FAI on Debian etch). I
> should probably try to get the latest FAI if I want Ubuntu, right?

I'm only worried about installing Ubuntu clients, so I never really
bothered with the multi-distro page.

HTH,
Ryan