ubuntu

Henning Sprang henning at sprang.de
Mon Oct 13 10:06:25 CEST 2008

Nikola Knežević wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> How hard is to use FAI with Ubuntu Hoardy (as an install client).
> According to the wiki, I just need to create base.tar.gz (or
> CLASSNAME.tar.gz). Well, are there any problems I may come across?

It's hard to say how hard it is without knowing your experience with
automatic installations - and it is also hard to say in which problems
you might run - therefore:

Try it and ask if you don't get it done :)

That said, I'm doing it without any problems.

> Sorry for this lame question, I just discovered FAI, and I was delighted
> when I installed Debian on part of our cluster.

So, you got some experience with it?

> Also, multi-distribution wiki=page mentions some directory called
> configspace, which I do not have (I'm running FAI on Debian etch). I
> should probably try to get the latest FAI if I want Ubuntu, right?

This Wiki page might not be in all points totally out of date, but I'm
not aware of errors in there.

configspace is this:
http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/fai-guide/ch-config.html#s-c3

And, be advised to read the whole FAI guide one time before going on -
it will make your life easier.

Henning

--
Henning Sprang