ubuntu 8.10 on client side - about unionfs workaround

Adrian Gibanel Lopez agibanel at alumnes.udl.cat
Sun Nov 30 11:15:46 CET 2008

Hi List,

      I continue my quest to make FAI server an Ubuntu 8.10 client from
Ubuntu 8.10 server.

Now what I have done is checked the ubuntu's fai package source code and I
have found something
interesting. A file was created to add some hooks to nfsroot so that
unionfs were avoided.
Although I haven't noticed any change with this file I think I have found
a bug.

This new file is only referenced on makefile. That means that if you
install it from the sources
with make install it gets installed but...
if you make the .deb packages it does not get copied. My standard ubuntu
8.10 fai installation does not have:
/etc/fai/nfsroot-hooks/10-unionfs-workaround file!

I suppose that adding
/etc/fai/nfsroot-hooks/10-unionfs-workaround file!
debian/fai-server.install in the package source code will do the trick
to make an ubuntu fai-server package with this file included.

However I am not a Debian package expert and I do not know if fai-server
is the best place
for this conf file.

I have also noticed that the /etc/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.conf file has the
nfsroot-hooks include line commented.

I think this is a BUG.

Thank you very much for your help.

--